Monday, June 17, 2013

"Where Dreams Come True"

If you don't already know, it has been my lifelong dream to work at Disneyland. I know many of you probably doubted me (honestly I never thought it would really happen myself). However, dreams do come true; both B.J. and I got offers to work as lifeguards at the Disneyland Hotels which are in the parks!

While I was interviewing the individual speaking with me said, "I like you, I could totally see you working here". I quickly exclaimed, "I have always wanted to work here". I had to quickly tell myself to calm down and not act too excited and crazy so I wouldn't ruin the interview. Although B.J. got the offer to work at Disney he decided to go with other job offers he received which would work better with his schedule when school starts. I also had to end up declining because I got a social work job.....and financially we could not survive on a lifeguard's income. However, I did get to work one day at Disneyland which was so magical! Excuse the long story to follow, but I had to document about my day of work at Disneyland!

The first day of work at Disneyland is called Traditions Class. At this training you learn about the past, present, and future of Disneyland. We were split into small groups and throughout the class we were given games to do together. That's when I realized that I was in a room full of Disney Nerds and that I was one of them. It was so great! We then went on a tour of Disneyland with our trainer. Before we walked into the park he said to us, "This will be the first time you walk in the park as a Disney Cast Member". Just typing this I am getting goosebumps (see I am a Disney Nerd). I seriously almost cried as we walked in......this was a big deal for me. He took us around the park and wanted us to recognize all of the detail that is throughout the park. Which it really is incredible if you pay attention to all that is around you at the park. They have designed and themed everything including the ground, garbage, fences, and plants to match each land/ride that is in the surrounding area.

At the end of the day we all got back together with the rest of the group. One of the instructors said that there was a surprise for us. After he said this a man in the back yelled "Mickey". But then the lights were dimmed and they turned on a movie. Everyone moaned in sadness. After the movie the lights came on and Mickey walked out! I then realized that not only were we all Disney Nerds but we were also like a group of children. Everyone was so excited to see Micky; it was hilarious. The instructor told us that Mickey brought us presents and it was our name badges! Before we got the badges Mickey shook all of our hands to welcome us to the "Disney Family". Yea you read that right, I'm (or at least was for a day) part of the Disney Family!

Isn't it beautiful?? 

Okay so seriously this was one of the best days of my life.....right up there with the wedding day ;) I still hope that one day when we are billionaires I can go back and work at Disneyland just for fun. Now you all know what a Disney Nerd I am!

1 comment: