Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Apartment Hunting in Cali!

As I am sure most of you know B.J. decided to accept the offer to USC which meant we would be moving to California! I have always wanted to live in California so I was very excited for the move. In April we came out to California for about a week and a half for job interviews and to find a place to live. My mom's aunt lives in Southern California and was very gracious and kind and let us stay in her home while we were there. Thank you Aunt Bev for letting us stay with you!!

We spent the first four days driving around Southern California looking for apartments with a few breaks for job interviews. To say the least it was quite overwhelming. However, after four days, probably 30 apartments,  and some miraculous circumstances we found a wonderful place to live. We found a little house which is located behind the home of our landlords. There is also a gate around all of the houses which helps make if feel very secure. We also have a home behind us with another renter. It is absolutely beautiful. We are so lucky to have a yard and most of all a washer and dryer. Pictures will be in a later post:)

After we found our new place we still had time in California to relax and enjoy some time. While we were there it happened to be my birthday. For my birthday B.J. bought each of us season passes to Disneyland!!! As many of you know this is a BIG deal for me, as I am OBSESSED with Disneyland. We spent my birthday and the day after at Disneyland which made it the FABULOUS birthday!

A couple of years back we had a family reunion in Cali with our new family. Mandi flew to Cali while I drove with B.J. and my dad. Mandi, as well as my aunts, uncles, and couple of my cousins decided that they would go to Disneyland. While I was sitting in the back of the car on the long drive, doing homework, Mandi sent me this little gem to make me jealous.. So..........

I got my revenge!

When you are celebrating something at Disneyland make sure you stop by the front and get a pin! I wore one for my birthday and B.J. wore one for graduating. The cast members acknowledge you throughout the day. One of the cast members said  "Happy Birthday, Princess" which totally made my day.

He loves when I make him try on hats......


We ate at the Blue Bayou for my Birthday dinner. They gave me pudding with these cute sprinkles on top. 


We also were able to spend time on the beach and explore the stores around Huntington Beach. Unfortunately, it was a cold day and we did not want to get in the water.



We also got to spend a lot of time with my Aunt Bev and also spent some time with her children. It was so much fun getting to know them more. We are so lucky to have family here in California and we look forward to spending more time with them.

Aunt Bev has two turtles, they are so cute!

B.J. feeding Rocky.

Sammy and Rocky
Bev took us to see her neighbor's pet Turkey!

Aunt Bev was so sweet and had a birthday party for me while  I was there. Yes, this is homemade by her. Pink and chocolate two of my favorite things. It was delicious!




It was so nice of Aunt Bev's boys and granddaughter to come.

We also went to dinner with all of her children. They are such wonderful people.


We had a very productive and fun stay when we came out in April. It helped us to know that we will have such wonderful people in California. Thanks Aunt Bev for letting us stay with you!!! We love you!!










1 comment:

  1. I love Huntington Beach. Brian and I had a weekend get a way there just before he deployed. We went for a bike ride on the board walk, thinking we would go 'til the end...there is no end. We were on a tandum bike. Keep posting:)

    ReplyDelete