Monday, March 31, 2014

Shelley's Day Out


My cousin Shelley came out to visit!! If you are confused by the title please take a break to watch Baby's Day Out.


Okay so if you don't have time to watch the show just yet, or you just can't stop reading the blog because it is already so captivating, I will give you a brief synopsis. This hilarious, yet classic film, is about a baby who escapes a set of kidnappers and is now venturing out into New York City on his own. It shows the many times he narrowly escapes tragedies while  exploring the Big Apple. As this was Shelley's first big trip on her own I thought it to be fitting...

We had a blast, as usual. While she was here we spent every moment possible at Disneyland. The first day was an absolute magical day; the Disney gods were watching out for us. We were invited to go through a special VIP door for the Haunted Mansion which got us in the front of the line. I guess they knew we were as important as presidents, celebrities, etc, etc...

Later that day we were walking through Tomorrowland and came across a band playing. From behind we said "That looks like the Beatles". Well sure enough it was them!! Well a copycat band, minor detail. Both Shelley and I LOVE the Beatles so we spent the rest of the evening admiring the band members, I mean music.... Everyone else in the crowd had about 20-40 years on us but we didn't mind. Party like the old people, that's how we roll. 


I tried to scan the crowd with this next video so you could see the age of the crowd compared to us. 



I know, crazy right?? They look just like them!!
They took breaks and would come out dressed as the next 'phase' of the Beatles.

At the end of the concert John Lennon threw his guitar pick to us but sadly his throw was just too short and didn't make it to us. Such a shame. Although he was flashing me peace and love signs to me throughout the concert, so that was enough to make my day.

The next day we went to Disneyland it was EXTREMELY crowded. Poor Shelley came on stupid 'Dapper Day' where the weirdos come out of the wood works dressed in old fashion attire. Seriously I don't know that I have seen it that crowded. However, that visit I had Shelley watch the World of Color for the first time, which is always incredible.

We bought these little beauties (the crowns if you are confused). They didn't quite fit us like we had hoped.....maybe because they are meant for a five year old's head.....who knows. 

DWEEB STRINGS. 


We had fun posing for the pictures on the rides. When Shelley's sister Karen came to California she had the same look on her face every time a picture was taken on a ride. It was this "I'm sick and don't know what's going on" look. Then her two year old son, Jackson, was covering his eyes on each ride. We decided to pose in honor of them. We call it "The Karen and Jackson Series". (Sorry for the very poor quality of photos, but this is for you Karen)




Finally, our picture that now has become a tradition. We missed Karen in this photo:(


Come back sooooon Shelley and Karen!!

1 comment:

  1. bwa ha ha! I literally laughed out loud at yalls photo poses!

    ReplyDelete