Monday, March 31, 2014

Girl's Trip + A Pops

While B.J. is in the Physical Therapy Program he is going to be required to go out on several internships. Some are two weeks while others are 16 weeks. We decided that it would be a good idea if he offered to go out of state for the shorter ones in hopes that he would get one close to our home for the longer internships. He had his first two week internship and he decided to go back to Utah. For the first week and a half that he was gone my sister, Mandi, was nice enough to come out and keep me company. Her husband stayed back home for work so it was just a girls trip!

She came shortly before her birthday, left just one day before, so I decided to surprise her with some decor and gifts.


We made a trip to Hollywood while she was here. We started out shopping at The Grove. There we lived out our childhood dream by going into the American Girl Doll Store and finished the shopping trip by buying candy at the candy store. We didn't waste any time looking at the high end fashion stores, we went straight for the best stores.

In the American Girl Doll Store. Yes, we still want to buy everything there.
After "shopping" at the grove we decided to go see the red carpet! We were there just a few hours prior to the Oscars starting.




Mandi and I mostly planned out places we were going to eat when she came.....so that's mostly what we did. Otherwise we just hung out around the house. I also came home to this every day.....

It was a 'chilly' 69 degrees when Mandi was here. The neighbors thought she was a lunatic sun bathing in such frigid temperatures. I truly do think they believe she has 'issues'.
I bet your all wondering where the " + Pops" comes into the picture. You guessed it the one and only pops came about a week after Mandi got into town. It was fun to have the little family back together. We sure did miss mom though, although we know she was there because there is no way she would miss a trip to California!

When pops was here we went to the beach with my friend Ginger. On our way to pick up Ginger we saw a film crew in a neighborhood nearby. Because Ginger was running late, as usual ;) Mandi and I had our dad drop us off a block away. Mandi and I then casually strolled down the block and checked out what was being filmed. It was Modern Family! We were so excited, but had to act cool to contain our excitement. We believe that they were filming outside, what they use as Mitchell and Cameron's house. There we saw Claire, the mom on Modern Family!

There she is back by the car. Sorry we only got a shot of the back of her head. Like I said we had to act cool so they wouldn't kick us out. We couldn't be snappin a ton of shots. 

After our first star sighting we picked up the Ging and headed to the beach. It was an absolutely beautiful day at the beach. We wished we had brought our bathing suits. 

The Pops and his new hat.

Ginger's candid photography. 

.....and a poopdeck.
While Mandi was working from my house and I was out at work Pop's was itching to use his Disney season pass. He made a quick trip and bought Mandi goodies from Disneyland for her birthday. He also brought some cinnamon rolls home for all of us. Did I mention we have the best pops?

The birthday ears and Mandi's favorite, Disneyland Candy Apples. Along with a fork full of Disney cinnamon roll.
I had so much fun with my family. They helped keep me company so I wasn't alone while B.J. was away. Thank you for coming to see me! Next family trip, Pittsburgh! 

2 comments:

  1. Ah your welcome you got to see Modern Family because of me! Haha! Ok so just to defend myself you said you would be later cause you had to stop at the store so I kept cleaning... then all the sudden you were still coming at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Mandi is so so gorgeous, and you two are identical...so that's cool! Good job with that! Also so so so so fun. Love everything that you and your adorable family did. So way to be. The end.

    ReplyDelete