Saturday, October 5, 2013

Dreams Come True... After 23 Years

My cousin Shelley, her parents, and her sister's cute little family came out to California. It was so much fun getting to see them. Here are some of the fun things we were able to do together.

Shelley had her birthday a couple of weeks prior to her visit so we had a cake for her.



We spent a few hours at the beach. It was such a beautiful, perfect day for the beach.


Awww what a cute sista picture. I especially love Karen's son photo bombing in the background. 
After the beach we had dinner at Knott's Berry Farm's Famous Chicken Dinner. Which was delicious as usual. Shelley, B.J., and myself made a quick dash out of the restaurant to try and make it to Disneyland's firework show. We had to be quick because Shelley needed to buy her Annual Pass! Now Shelley originally had a four day ticket, but I couldn't let that fly. So I convinced her to put the money towards a season pass. I mean it only made sense. The money saved on parking, food, merchandise, and coming again.....how could you not. Disney if you are reading this I have convinced two people that live out of state to get an annual pass....I think I deserve something.

Anyways, the firework show ended up being later than we thought so we made it to the park with time to spare. These pictures were from our first moments in Disneyland together. As I implied in the title of this post it has been our dream to go to Disneyland together. After 23 years we made it happen. Just picture this, two 23 year old girls running into Disneyland arms linked and smiles plastered on their faces......yep that was us.

Waiting for the fireworks with the castle and creepster behind us. 

Please note the matching type shirts and matching fingernail polish. Neither of which was planned. I clarify that because we would be the type to plan something like that. 

The next day I was able to take off work because I had worked a previous weekend. I'm so glad it worked out that way because it was so much fun to spend the day at Disneyland with Shelley and her family. She also has two adorable nephews that were so fun to watch as they experienced Disneyland for the first time.

This depicts our true personalities. Shelley in the middle - tags hidden. Karen and me - tags hangin right out in the open with no shame. Way to keep it classy Shelley, as always. 

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. 

Our matching Minnie jackets....okay we did plan this one. 

On Space Mountain with our annual passes!!
I already miss you Shelley! Come back to me!!! I mean you have to make use of that annual pass, right?


1 comment: