Monday, November 11, 2013

USC vs. University of Utah

B.J. and I went to see the University of Utah and USC play each other at the Coliseum. Luckily B.J. heard of an insurance company a few months ago that was offering two free USC football tickets to those that called for an auto insurance quote. Good old B.J. finding the deals; it saved us $100!


Pre-game picture

Half time picture
If any of you watched the game you will understand the distasteful looks on our faces at half time. It was one of the most ridiculous games. Utah played horrible, making it quite a boring game. USC really had not competition. I was so disappointed in them. I decided to root for my alma mater, dressed in my Ute gear, and was the only one cheering for them in our section (even B.J. was cheering for USC). They sure made me look like a goober. Even though it was a pretty lame game it still was a fun experience. Prior to the game we walked around the stadium to see the tailgating. I thought I knew what tailgating was from the Utah games but I was mistaken. USC takes their tailgating VERY seriously. They were lined up all around the stadium with catered food.... it was crazy. It was also fun to see the stadium close up, it is absolutely beautiful.

Brief history of the Coliseum. 






There is Tommy the Trojan on his horse Traveler. When he came out before the game I thought he was so cute, the horse that is,  so I took a ton of pictures thinking he wouldn't come out again. However, he comes out each time USC scores.....so we saw a lot of him. 



As you can see B.J. wore USC gear; at least one of us cheered for the right team.





No comments:

Post a Comment