Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Pittsburgh - Part 2 (A Tribute to The Christmas Story)

Another stop on our trip was Ohio. There we fulfilled a life long dream I never knew I had. We made a visit to The Christmas Story house. I will be honest, as most shows, the scenes were not actually filmed in the house. It was mostly used for the outside shots or when the actors were looking out the window. However, some brilliant man bought the home and has replicated the inside to look just like the movie. We were allowed to touch anything in the house and replicate scenes from that iconic film. I could not wipe the smile off my face during the entire tour. I decided to dedicate an entire post just for this stop. Also because the next stop in Ohio was the Kirtland Temple and I didn't quite know how to make such a transition in one blog post.
Get ready for picture OVERLOAD.

"Ah, there it is. My house. And good old Cleveland Street."

Interesting fact: The film states that Ralphie lived in Indiana however this home is located in Cleveland, Ohio. Thus they named the street 'Cleveland Street' to pay tribute to the location of the home.
 "The snap of a few sparks, a quick wiff of ozone... and the lamp blazed in unparalleled glory."

I noticed B.J.'s face in this then just noticed his hand on the lamp. Haha that B.J.


"Kids its Little Orphan Annie Time."


"Fra-gi-ley. That must be Italian."


"Well it's a blue ball. It's a bowling ball."


"Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie."



 "My mother had not had a hot meal for herself in 15 years."


"Gradually I drifted off to sleep, pranging ducks on the wing and getting off spectacular hip shots."


"Be sure to drink your ovaltine. A crummy commercial."


 "My personal preference is for Lux, but I found the Palmolice had a nice piquant, after-dinner flavor."
Our tour guide said people actually put that in their mouths. Little nasties. 
"You'll shoot your eye out!"


I will end it there. We then went over to the museum which is across the street and has many of the original outfits and props. And of course there was a gift shop. I wanted everything. 


No comments:

Post a Comment